[OM] Multi Coating (again)

Subject: [OM] Multi Coating (again)
From: "Dr. Chris Barrett" <cpbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 12:37:44 +0100
Paul Schings wrote

"One possible exception is the zooms. I *think* they are all MC."

No they are not. My 70-150 is all black and is SC. It does have the letter
designation for the number of elements.

Of my lenses (24/2.8, 35/2.8, 50/1.8, 50/3.5 macro, zoom and 200/f4) only my 50
macro has a silver ring, but it is designated MC, and indeed it looks MC.
Similarly the 200/4 always was MC. My original 50mm f/1.8 which I bought in
1979 was SC (all black, letter designation), but a later one I bought is
designated MC.

It think the letter desigantion, and reference to sources such as the lens
group manuals is the best way through this morass.

Alternatively, do we have enough members to survey the lenses, and their serial
numbers to see if there are any obvious change points?

Chris