Re:[OM] OM-3Ti Ad Campaign

Subject: Re:[OM] OM-3Ti Ad Campaign
From: Marko Vrabec <marko.vrabec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 14:46:39 +0200
Bill wrote:

>Hello All,
>Found a humorous site whilst surfing today.
>http://www.lhs.co.uk/olympus/om3ti/campaign/obsessiv.htm
>Olympus users........obsessive???    Noooooo, not us. <g>

Wow, that's a novelty. Olympus is (or was) actually advertising an OM
product!
However, the text on the quoted page says:

>To fork out nearly two grand on a camera that hasn't got any bells or
>whistles on it - you have to be either mad... or a fanatic.

This list gathers the most fanatic, OM-biased population you can
imagine, and yet very few are willing or able to pay the list price for
the OM3Ti. The above statement is (sadly) so true it should be
translated and forwarded to Oly HQ.

No, to fork nearly two grand on OM3Ti, you have to be ... a c*llector.

>Our advertising for the OM3Ti is aimed at these photographic
obsessives. People who see
>the world through a viewfinder, who shun automation and who adore the
crafting of every shot.

This is of course wrong. It should be aimed at middle-aged wealthy
perverts who keep fine cameras in their factory packaging and lock them
away in safes. Did you check the advertisment
(http://www.lhs.co.uk/olympus/om3ti/campaign/obsessiv/photo.htm) ?
Imagine taking those clinically sterile cameras into environment full of
mud and heavily tatooed rough blokes. Naaaaaa....

Marko Vrabec
Kamnik, Slovenia