Re: [OM] Olympus 70-210 lens vs. 75-150

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus 70-210 lens vs. 75-150
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 12:14:42 EDT
In a message dated 10/14/98 11:55:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
christopher.ramsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Has anyone on the list tried out the 'Olympus' (or not) 70-210 lens.
 I've got a 75-150 which I like for resolution but which has fairly
 poor contrast (especially in backlit situations).  A local shop has
 one of the 70-210's  in a sale and I wondered whether it would be a
 good idea to trade in my 75-150.  The shop advertises it as being
 ideal for use with the OM2000 - is there any reason why it will not
 work well with other OM's? >>

I haven't tried it, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work on other OMs. It
is a Cosina made lens (not necessarily a bad thing) that was introduced with
the OM-2000. It's "ideal" for the OM-2000 in that it is priced accordingly. If
your expectations for the lens are set considering the market it is targeted
at (beginners) I don't think you will be disappointed. I've heard good things
about Cosina.

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI