[OM] OM2 spot/program

Subject: [OM] OM2 spot/program
From: Jan Vantomme <jan.vantomme@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 19:22:26 +0200
Hello,

I am new to the list.

I just bought a secondhand OM2S (in addition to my old OM1 that I use for
years now, both for daylight and for astrophotography)

As I tested the camera in <manual/spot> and <auto> settings, the light
meter readings and shutter speeds seem OK. (I still wait for a slide film
to be develloped)

After going through the FAQ list, some questions remain and I hope another
OM2S user can help me :

1.      In the <program> function, I understand, the camera sets both: the iris
setting and the shutter speed.  For this function to work properly is the
f/ setting on the lens important? Must it be wide open, fully closed, or
has the f/ setting on the lens an influence on the program itself?

2.      Can I check the proper working of the <program> mode?  The closing of
the iris to another f/value than the one set on the lens seems crucial to
me.

Jan