Re: [OM] Winder 1 too Winder 2 ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder 1 too Winder 2 ?
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 20:30:56 +0200
Jan Steinman wrote:

> Unfortunately, this does not work on all Winder 1 drives. I tried it with
> mine, and the circuit board looks nothing like the one in the photo in the
> mod instructions.
>
> My guess is that at some point when they were contemporaneous, Winder 1s
> were built with Winder 2 circuit boards, but without the sequence mode
> enabled. Older Winder 1s simply don't have the sequence capability, or they
> would have enabled it as a feature.
>
> Keep this in mind if shopping flea markets for a Winder 1 to convert. My
> non-convertable one (which I bought new before the Winder 2 existed) has
> the serial number 121102.
>
> : Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> : 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
> : +1.503.635.3229

This is very interesting. The Winder 1 I based the modification
instruction on is a late 1979 vintage, with a serial number in
the 179 thousands. I do not remember how close that is to the time
of change from Winder 1 to Winder 2.

I have just checked the circuit in my Winder 2 (age unknown, serial
number in the 373 thousands) and that is an entirely different
design.

Obviously Olympus has been tinkering with the design, probably
to improve the reliability and/or lower the cost. Now I wonder
how may Winder 1 variants there are out there?

Anyway, it is clearly time for me to update my web site.

Regards
Lars

--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://isa.dknet.dk/~lhaven
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"