Re: [OM] Please advise on MC

Subject: Re: [OM] Please advise on MC
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 23:35:09 +0000
I thought the same thing about my 300 f4.5 for quite some while too.
However, it had the white date/location of manufacture lettering on
the rear mount and going by Frank's data on MC introduction I
concluded that it must be MC.

Then one day I noticed a very subdued greenish reflection - sort of
a british racing green with a touch of blue.  I noticed it in direct
sunlight.  The main reflected colour is bronzy/straw colour.

So the green reflection theory was again vindicated, though it was
much harder to spot than on any of my other lenses.

I like the ease and simplicity of the method John Austin relayed a
while back.

According to Olympus USA, there is a very simple way to tell if a lens
is MC. Look at the front ring on the lens and observe how the word
ZUIKO is inscribed. F. ZUIKO, G. ZUIKO, H. ZUIKO, etc., is an SC lens.
ZUIKO MC is an MC lens. The word ZUIKO by itself, with no preceeding
letter or no suceeding MC is also an MC lens.

Regards,
John Austin
<<<

Does anyone have a lens which breaks the above rule?

Giles