Re: [OM] mouths and money

Subject: Re: [OM] mouths and money
From: EdMall@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 19:07:30 EDT

<< If (as has been stated) the autofocus OM project has been abandoned,
 there is little hope for the long-term survival of the OM system.  >>

You don't realize that Olympus SLR is not a "me too" camera system.  It's made
by a photographer for photographers who appreciate the system.  The system is
not designed by a committee to add the most to the bottom line.  Nor is it
designed to have as many bells and whistles as possible.  If you want
autofocus and auto everything with easy operation and much versatility, check
out the ZLRs.  If you really want all the candy on your SLR, you're shooting
the wrong system.  If you want a dependable, high quality system, that does
require a bit of skill, you're there.
If you just want to shoot a roll of 36 as fast as possible and then hope
something comes out, feel free.  But please don't tell me that the OM system
is not going to last just because there's no autofocus.
Ed