Re: [OM] Please advise on MC

Subject: Re: [OM] Please advise on MC
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 21:31:53 -0500
At 11:35 PM 10/14/1998 +0000, you wrote:

>So the green reflection theory was again vindicated, though it was
>much harder to spot than on any of my other lenses.
>
>I like the ease and simplicity of the method John Austin relayed a
>while back.
>

>According to Olympus USA, there is a very simple way to tell if a lens
>is MC. Look at the front ring on the lens and observe how the word
>ZUIKO is inscribed. F. ZUIKO, G. ZUIKO, H. ZUIKO, etc., is an SC lens.
>ZUIKO MC is an MC lens. The word ZUIKO by itself, with no preceeding
>letter or no suceeding MC is also an MC lens.
>
>Regards,
>John Austin
><<<
>
>Does anyone have a lens which breaks the above rule?
>
>Giles

For me, the rule holds among my primes, but not among the zooms:

35-70/f3.5-4.5 1933xx  MC  says  "S   Zuiko" [i.e., no period] (black ring)
75-150/f4   4628xx  SC   says "Zuiko" only (black ring) --> acc. to John's
method this lens *should* be MC, but I can't see any green, so I have to
call it SC

Regards,

Joel