Re: [OM] New OM Cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] New OM Cameras
From: "Stephen Worner" <sworner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 02:26:13 PDT
Warren,

Yes it's really a technique perfected with experience but there's a few
tricks as well: often when an object is coming towards you, you start to
zoom out and maintain its size in the frame. As you get wider and wider,
your depth of field of course gets better and focussing becomes less
critical.

Also, the black-and-white viewfinders use 'peaking': a white 'halo' or
edge along sharp, high-contrast edges that makes focussing easier and
quicker.

I never shot any formula one car racing but I watch all the Grands Prix
and some of the shots those guys pull off are spectacular - cars
hurtling towards camera on long lens, no zooming out - just a perfect
focus pull and a shot ending full-frame on a driver's helmet.