Re: [OM] high eyepoint?

Subject: Re: [OM] high eyepoint?
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 10:53:52 +0200
Damon S Raphael (W7MD) wrote:

> I have the same astigmatism problem..

Me too..

I use now contact lense, because my astigmatism is so small, that it can
be ignored for most of my tasks (microprisms are a little bit
difficult).

> That is why I prefer to wear my
> glasses which I push up tight aginst my finder.  I do sometimes use an
> eyecup but the silicon rubber is highly abrasive.  I have ruined several
> pairs of glasses this way..rubbing off the coatings but the damage to my
> glasses is worse when I do not use the eyecup.

Before I had contact lenses I used the following solution:

Use the OM-2S/P, the finder magnification is lower than on OM-1/2, same
as OM-4, but with the advantage of an smaller finder eyepiece (no
diopter correction). You can go closer with your glasses.

Use glasses with the smallest diameter you can get. As smaller the
glasses get as closer to the eyes they can be, saving distance. Your
available angle of view will be the same, as with larger glasses, which
are farer away from your eyes.

Use the best coating avaible for glasses. MC will avoid reflexes and
improve contrast of the finder image. An antiscratch coating will save
the glasses (especialy plastic ones). This scratchproof coatings are so
good today, that there should be no problem with the plastic of the OM
finder, they will scratchfree for years.

Regards

Richard