Re: [OM] mouths and money

Subject: Re: [OM] mouths and money
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 16:29:17 -0400
>>If you are willing to carry a camera three times as heavy and more than
double the price you better head for an MF system. The benefit of the
biger film format will compensate you for the inconveniance.
There is no way automatisation can replace your brain at photographing.>>

Yeah, this morning on my walk across the Brooklyn Bridge I saw a photog
with a Canon EOS1, some kind of monster zoom (maybe an 80-200 2.8) all
swinging off his shoulder attached to a large tripod.

And I think to myself, jeez, all that weight, why not just carry an RZ67 or
Pentax 6x7 or even a view camera? I've never understood tripods and 35mm...
Or 35mm cameras as big as medium format cameras...

Regards,

Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com