Re: [OM] winders (was "mouths and money")

Subject: Re: [OM] winders (was "mouths and money")
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 00:15:10 -0500
At 08:17 PM 10/15/1998 -0700, you wrote:
>>From: "John Austin" <j_austin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>... I wonder how many people on the list that own
>>winders or motor drives use their cameras without them...

Sure, I use my OM-2's without winders quite a bit as they are my walkaround
cameras. The feel of the winder is very nice for handheld shooting, but
it's a luxury.

I find the winder to be invaluable with OM-1 on tripod, shooting brackets.
No recomposing necessary. Perfect for use of mirror lockup.  I have a
remote cord, but I find I actually prefer a conventional cable release and
just use the winder for ... winding.

Joel