Re: [OM] Kodachrome 64

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodachrome 64
From: Richard Ross <rhdesign@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 16:50:15 +0100
>Most people here in the US might not know that you can buy Kodachrome 64
>with processing in Europe.  However, I am surprised to see your prices.  I
>thought I had seen KC64 still for about DM 15 with processing at Saturn and
>Karstadt in Germany.
>Why do you have your slides mounted?  The Kodak cardboard mounts are weak
>and don't live up to high quality 35mm projection (Leitz or Rollei
>projector).

In the UK at least, Kodachrome is returned in plastic mounts - we gave up
the cardboard ones longer ago than I care to remember!  The film is only
available process-paid, and you don't get a refund if you want it
unmounted.  I live in Hemel Hempstead and I used to drop my films in at the
long-gone Kodak lab.  "Box 14, Hemel Hempstead" is now in South London
somewhere!  Unfortunately, the standard of processing is IME rather less
reliable than Fuji....

Richard