Re: [OM] 88/101 modified for use with Zuikos?

Subject: Re: [OM] 88/101 modified for use with Zuikos?
From: "Marco" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 16 Oct 98 19:25:44 +0200
On Ven, 16 ott 1998 7:19, WKato@xxxxxxx <mailto:WKato@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>I might call it "Vaporware" like when software companies marketed only an
>idea
>and not one line of program code was ever written.  But, perhaps I am too
>harsh.  How was this gentleman going to transfer the aperture information
>from
>the lens to the camera body?

In the 101/88 this info is *not* transferred from the lens, but manually
set on the manual adapter. In fact, it is well known that Zuikos cannot
transfer max aperture info, like Nikon AIs lenses, for instance. Nor the PF
lenses have any electrical contacts that could give this info to any
camera.

 I think that with the OM77 (101) you cannot
>adjust the aperture on the lens, and only by varying the program shift can
>you
>change the aperture.  If the camera dictates the aperture, how is it going
>relay this info. to a purely mechanical lens at the time of exposure.

Now I understand your position: OM-101 is not the 77, but the 88 one.

Marco