Re: [OM] OM2000 Viewfinder/Another newbie speaks...

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2000 Viewfinder/Another newbie speaks...
From: brookswf@xxxxxxxx (BILL F BROOKS)
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 00:10:02 -0500
Hi All,
I have an OM-2K and to answer Paul's question of being able to see the
entire image (with glasses on!) is *yes*- but only *just* able...as far
as light from the eyepiece screwing up your meter I couldn't tell you,
I've got a fat head and it effectively shields any reflected light from
entering the viewfinder (always shoot into the sun I say >; )

I ended up w/the 2K after 2-1/2 months of haggling w/one of the N.Y.
houses over an
OM-1n in *mint* condition that they advertised and couldn't supply...I'd
already sent back a fairly brassed one that had screws missing, and
wouldn't fire at any shutter speed less than 1/60th.  I was ganked
because they already had the $ (shame on me)
and when the 6th salesperson/facilitator ( I kept detailed records) said
that it was doubtful that they would get a body in the condition I
required (clean&working?) and would I be interested in a 2K, I decided to
cut my losses and go for it.  It really isn't a
bad camera at all, my favorite points are the spot-metering (of course >;
) the ease of which one can do double exposures, and funnily enough, the
window that reminds my fat head what film I put in the camera 3 weeks
ago...gripes? really only three, no way to
attach my winder2 to it, the film advance lever needs to be pulled back
abit before the
subject can be metered, but mostly the fact that the shutter speed adjust
is on the top of the camera instead of at the base of the lens
((lense?)--sorry, I've been lurking around for a while on this list much
like Richard has >; )) where it's *supposed* to be.

Bill >; )