[OM] Tamron (OM Mount) Question, any lens experts please help!

Subject: [OM] Tamron (OM Mount) Question, any lens experts please help!
From: "claude batmanghelidj" <myoho@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 19:56:59 -0700
Olympus has nothing like the 35-210 Tamron SP 3.5/4.2 I just bought for
$170.00, so that's my excuse for not buying an OM lens in this case.  Anyway,
I'm alarmed by a couple of things here.  First, when the lens is wide open, I
can still see the edges of the aperture blades.  I noticed this with their
28-135 SP as well.  Is this just part of the design?  The second bizzare thing
is that there are wavy lines around the inside surface of one of the rear
elements.  When looked at from an angle they produce a mirror effect, where you
can see your reflection.  They are just around the edge of the element, not
covering it.  Is this a design flaw, or what exactly?  I called Tamron up, but
they were not much help at all.  I would really appreciate it if someone on the
list could give me their well informed assesment of what I have described.

Sincerely, Claude Batmanghelidj
Santa Barbara, CA