Re: [OM] Tamron (OM Mount) Question, any lens experts please help!

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron (OM Mount) Question, any lens experts please help!
From: Dsamsara@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 07:02:19 EDT
                As to your seeing the edges of the aperture blades when your
Tamron lens is
wide open, there could be two explanations.  First -- the blades could be
sticking.    A second more innocent explanation could be that like the Olympus
35-80 f.2.8, the blades appear at certain focal lengths to compensate for the
light otherwise being transmitted as the lens is zoomed in and out.  The
second is somewhat questionable in a variable aperture zoom like the Tamron,
but check it out by watching the aperture blades as you zoom the lens in and
out.  If the aperture blades move or disappear, it would appear that you don't
have a real problem.
                As to the wavy lines appearing on one of the internal rear
elements, it is
conceivable that they could signal the presence of an aspherical element -- if
your lens has any -- or simply an improperly polished surface.  This is
admittedly speculation on my part.  I would take a series of test photos with
the lens at various apertures and focal lengths to ascertain whether this is
really a problem.