Re: [OM] The case of the vanishing ERC

Subject: Re: [OM] The case of the vanishing ERC
From: Debrux@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 12:11:59 EDT

Once upon a time...I recall rummage bins in camera shops overflowing with
unwanted ever ready cases for Olympus OM cameras.  Generally they came in with
second hand cameras and were sold off separately.   Now I want one, of course,
they all appear to have vanished.
I have been on the lookout for a leather erc to replace the plastic one my
OM2n came in which is cracked and looking the worse for wear.  But I've asked
in several shops and been greeted with amused laughter as they can't even come
up with another plastic one.
I know the leather cases exist because I've seen one but is it true they are
rarer than hen's teeth?  Does anyone know where they have all gone - perhaps
someone is hoarding them!!? - or where I can find one in nice condition.
Winter's coming and I don't want my camera over-exposed,
Simon