Re: [OM] The case of the vanishing ERC

Subject: Re: [OM] The case of the vanishing ERC
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 09:42:56 -0700
On Mon, 19 Oct 1998 12:11, Debrux@xxxxxxx wrote:
>I know the leather cases exist because I've seen one but is it true they are
>rarer than hen's teeth?  Does anyone know where they have all gone - perhaps
>someone is hoarding them!!? - or where I can find one in nice condition.
>Winter's coming and I don't want my camera over-exposed,
>Simon

I know what you mean.  I was in the same situation about a year ago
when I bought my near mint OM-2n.  I had to call every single photo
shop in my area just to find a black leather ERC for $15.  They are
hard to find.  But I've seen quite a few of them for sale at EBAY
auction, but the prices are usually way out of expectation (more than
$30).

The other hard to find accessory is the "leatherette" Olympus strap
for the cameras.  Someone on the list was kind enough to send one
to me when I asked, but it is impossible to find in the "bins" around
here.
        -Dan