Re: [OM] Tamron (OM Mount) Question, any lens experts please help!

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron (OM Mount) Question, any lens experts please help!
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 21:18:42 -0700
On 17 Oct 98, at 19:56, claude batmanghelidj wrote:

> Olympus has nothing like the 35-210 Tamron SP 3.5/4.2 I just bought for
> $170.00, so that's my excuse for not buying an OM lens in this case.  Anyway,
> I'm alarmed by a couple of things here.  First, when the lens is wide open, I
> can still see the edges of the aperture blades.  I noticed this
with their 28-135 SP as well.  Is this just part of the design?  The second
bizzare thing is that there are wavy lines around the inside surface of one of
the rear elements.  When looked at from an angle they produce a mirror effect,
where you can see your reflection.  They are just around the
edge of the element, not covering it.  Is this a design flaw, or what exactly?
I called Tamron up, but they were not much help at all.  I would really
appreciate it if someone on the list could give me their well informed
assesment of what I have described.

The wavy lines sound like they could be element separation, which was
discussed about 6 months ago as a common problem in the Zuiko 75-150. If
you have a warranty on the lens, you may want to check this out while you
can, as the repair could be costly.

Shawn & Janis Wright
swright@xxxxxxxxx
http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/~swright