Re: [OM] Comments on 85/2.0 requested

Subject: Re: [OM] Comments on 85/2.0 requested
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 02:41:08 EDT
Hi Jason:

> I've been shopping for a medium OM tele and I thought I should just forget
>  about the wonderful 100/2.0 'cause it's just so spendy.

Not necessarily.  It is one of the better cost/performance options there is in
the Zuiko lineup.

<< However, do any of you out there think that the 85/2.0 might be a smart
substitute? >>

You are compaing apples and oranges.  If you need an 85, then 100 is too long,
and vice versa.  You didn't indicate its use.

<< I thought I would sit tight until I could find a 100/2.8, but I haven't
read too many positive things about it while I've been waiting. >>

You must not have checked the OM List archives at:
http://zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/archives/

Also check the lens test archives linked to:
http://www.astro.wellesley.edu/lhawkins/photo/photo.shtml

<< What's the current market value of this lens? >>

Which lens?  What is "market value?
http://www.datasync.com/~farrar/zuiko.html  provides a starting point for
Shutterbug asking prices.  But that is only one index of many possible ones.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV