RE: [OM] Zuiko Zooms

Subject: RE: [OM] Zuiko Zooms
From: "Roger Davies" <rdavies@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 09:32:53 +0100
My thanks to Lars and Gary for replying to my post about the 35-70mm zooms.

I had already consulted the lens tests at
http://www.astro.wellesley.edu/lhawkins/photo/photo.shtml, as Gary
suggested, and was surprised to find the S.Zuiko f/4.0 showing better
results than the Zuiko f/3.6, particularly in terms of contrast. This was
one of the reasons that prompted me to make the post (also, there's no info
on the f/3.5 - 4.5 version).

Is this just another case of "you can't trust lens tests", or does the
humble f/4.0 really outperform the f/3.6?

Roger Davies
Lisbon
Portugal