Re: [OM] OM-4T eye relief (eyepoint)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4T eye relief (eyepoint)
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 10:20:49 +0000
I am not sure whether the realities of optics allow it but can one
use a standard slip on dioptre correction lens combined with that
built into the 4Ti to boost the effective correction?

Nikon correction lenses fit well and are tight so will not accidently
fall off.  The correction lenses for the Nikon FG, FA, F601 (n6006?)
-and I suspect the F801(8008?) - should fit Olys.

My bug bear is that I need almost as much astigmatic correction as
for myopia so I have switched to keeping my glasses on.  True, you
don't see as much of the finder but I manage by shifting my eye a
bit.

One reason I love spot/multi-spot metering.  I can take my
spot readings and shoot without ever referencing the meter scale.

That is not to say I do not shift my eye and check the meter.  I
often do to check what sort of shutter speed is chosen as I shoot
mostly hand held, but sometimes I am concentrating on composition so
much I never look at the meter.

Giles