Re: [OM] Close focus

Subject: Re: [OM] Close focus
From: "Ken Norton" <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 09:22:12 -0500
>>Well, let's see.  I've got a magazine cover photograph (full bleed) that I
>>took using the close-up accessory lens for the IS-1 mounted on the front
of
>>a 100/2.8.
>
>Are they single or twin elements? What is it's focal length? 135mm, or +7.5
>diopter? What filter thead size is it?
>
>What is the IS-3 lens diopter?

Twin elements.  Focal length?  I-du-know..  It has a 49mm thread size and
JUST BARELY fits on the 100/2.8 by clearing the front element by a micron or
two.  With the 100/2.8 I can get down pretty close (don't have my camera bag
with me at the moment so I don't know exact dimensions, but sometimes use it
along with some extension to achieve 1:1.

The IS-3 lens diopter is basicly the same thing in larger thread size.
(52?)

Ken N.