Re[2]: [OM] New price for Zuiko lens in Japan.

Subject: Re[2]: [OM] New price for Zuiko lens in Japan.
From: JIM_TEO@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 13:01:17 +0800

On Sat, 03 Oct 1998 21:15:18 +0900, you wrote:

>In Japan, Olympus Japan announced that they will raise the suggested price
>for all Zuiko lenses on November 1st. This will affect street price.
>Today I got new price list issued by Olympus at Yodobashi Camera.
>
>New price is about 20 0gher than current price.
>For example;
>Zuiko 50mm f1.8: 20,000 Yen --> 24,000 Yen
>Zuiko zoom 35-80mm f2.8 150,000 Yen --> 188,000 Yen
>
>N.Maekawa
>Japan

Olympus Japan has posted the new price list in its Japanese Website on
20 Oct 1998.

I believe Olympus is not the only manufacturer which makes a price
increase recently. Canon Japan also raised its price 1 to 2 months
ago.

Regards,
Mr. Chris Lee

Remove NOSPAM. form reply address to reply

ALL MANUFACTURER ALWAYS HAVE 1001 EXCUSES TO INCREASE PRICING.
WILL THE DAY COME WHERE THE PRICES SLASHED DUE TO WEAKER YEN????
I DON'T THINK SO.

TAKE ELECTRONCS COMPONENT AND COMPUTER PRODUCTS AS AN EXAMPLE, PRICES CONSTANTLY
REDUCED WITHIN COUPLE OF MONTHS. WHY NOT THE CAMERA EQUIPMENT?