[OM] About the OM2n...

Subject: [OM] About the OM2n...
From: "Wiese" <wiese@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 23:41:49 +1000
Hi all,

I just picked up a black one of these in ex+ condition, and am so far
totally happy with it... given it's been less than a day...

I have just one question:  The shutter obviously doesn't fire without
batteries, and there's no mechanical 60th like the 4Ti, but the shutter does
appear to fire with the camera in the 'off' position... am I right, and if
so, at what speed?

I also picked up a Tokina AT-X 35-70/2.8 LNIB for $300 AUD (approx. $180
USD), which seemed a good deal - in fact too good to resist (for me,
anyway).  I can now retire my Tamron 28-70 3.5/4.5... in fact if anyone
wants it, you can have it for $100 AUD (say $60 USD) plus postage - it's
exc. condition, but it can be hard to focus in low light, being fairly slow,
and the sharpness is never going to draw blood.  It has an Adaptall 2 OM
mount, of course.

Now for that 85/2 and I'll be set for lenses...<gives bank account a
kick>.... "come on old boy... you can do it..."

Cheers

Andy
wiese@xxxxxxxxxx