Re: [OM] About the OM2n...

Subject: Re: [OM] About the OM2n...
From: "Jim Terazawa" <jimt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 13:29:35 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: jimt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jim Terazawa)
I should have made clear about complete manual mode without batteries.
I have the original manual and I am pretty certain the shutter would
trip at 60th second when the switch is at OFF position.  And I have
used it without batteries in place in the past.

If you try to operate the -2n without batteries, there will be no
AE circuitries to calculate and control exposure times and to
activate the shutter/aperature diaphragrm mechanisms.  This is
the same condition as when the lever is at OFF position.  However,
I believe the camera is designed such that shutter would trip
mechanically at 60th second without any power.  You may need to
rely on experience or separate light/flash meter for desired
exposures.

Jim Terazawa