Re: [OM] wide angle zoom

Subject: Re: [OM] wide angle zoom
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 03:36:22 EDT

<< Has anyone ever heard of an 18-28mm zoom lens being manufactured by
 anyone?

I think this lens of of Korean manufacture and tested so-so in Pop Photo
tests.  It is distributed under the Samyang and Vivitar names.  There is
another lens, an 19-35 manufactured perhaps by Cosina, which tested quite a
bit better, with the names Vivitar, Cosina, Tokina, and Phoenix.  I think only
Vivitar makes it in Oly mount.  Olympus Guy "We can help, Paul" sells them
amongst others.  I'm attracted by the convenience but I'll stick with my prime
Zuikos.

Warren Kato