Re: [OM] Zuiko Zooms

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko Zooms
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 21:48:16 +0200
Per Nordenberg wrote:

> [...]
Hi Per,

I was charged 700 danish kroner for the repair, which I think was a bit
steep (and our american friends propbably think is outrageous). Was it
worth the money? Barely, given the final result. The lens was definitely
improved, but I had hoped for a full restoration. The only spare part
listed was a new rubber grip; I suspect that spare parts getting scarce,
but I have no confirmation on that and I do not know if that might have
affected the result.

Maybe I should have bought a "new" used one. That would have cost only
a little more , but that zoom has been a trusty friend for a long time.
Besides another one might have exactly the same problem.

I doubt that the 75-150 zoom could ever rival the 28-48 for either
sharpness or contrast. That wide-angle zoom is really nice and a more
modern design.

Regards
Lars
--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://isa.dknet.dk/~lhaven
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"