RE: [OM] Re: Sticky diaphrams (was T-32 vs. Auto 310)

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: Sticky diaphrams (was T-32 vs. Auto 310)
From: Wayne Harridge <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 10:00:51 +1000

        This MAY be the case for Zuikos, however I have a Tokina which is
slow to close down as well as slow to re-open.  This is due to (in the case
of THIS Tokina): aperture is spring loaded and closes down by spring
tension, the auto stopdown lever activated by the body moves "out of the
way" allowing the spring to act at the time of exposure.  As a result if the
diaphram is sticky it closes slowly, speed is limited by the tension of the
spring.

        ...Wayne