Re: [OM] Reverse rings and Zuikos

Subject: Re: [OM] Reverse rings and Zuikos
From: "John Austin" <j_austin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 00:42:03 -0700
Jason wrote:
>I've had lots of fun with reverse rings (to facilitate mounting the lens in
>the retro position) on wide-angle Nikkors. Do Zuikos reverse as
>effectively? If so, what is the part number I'd need to do this. Does
>anyone have one for sale? 49mm thread?

I agree, reversing rings can be great fun. Olympus has never made a factory
reverse ring for the OM series, although interestingly enough Olympus did
make a factory reverse ring for the Pen F series. Over the years there have
been a number of third party manufactuers that have made reverse rings to
fit the OM. I haven't seen a new one advertised in years, but your local
dealer may be able to order one for you. They show up on the used market
occasionally, but I don't know of any at the moment. Hopefully another list
member can offer more help.

Regards,
John Austin