Re: [OM] multiple flash

Subject: Re: [OM] multiple flash
From: VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 04:51:35 -0400
Brad wrote:

>Just bought a T32 flash (and a(nother) T20 last week). I know
>about the multi-connector, but was wondering about using multiflash
>via TTL cord connector AND hotshoe. Can you use both at once?
>If so, can you use it both in TTL (both on TTL) and/or on manual?
>Anyone who may have tried this, would be interested in hearing
>about it. Thanks in advance.

Yes - this is a quick and cheap way to get a multiple TTL flash setup -
the T32 connected to a TTL cord in the TTL cord connector of the OM-4
(or 2Sp?), and mounted on a tripod, can be your main flash
(diffuser/wide angle adapter recommended in case of portraits) and the
T20 directly mounted on the hot shoe can be a fill flash; just watch
out for the red eye problem with this setup - the flash extender helps.
Keep both flashes to TTL. Both flashes to Normal Auto or Manual is of
course also possible, but this complicates things unnecessarily. You
can reduce the effect of the T20 fill flash by taping (multiple layers
of) semitransparent paper on it.

Hans