Re: [OM] Manual Oly SLR with shutter above 1/2000 sec??

Subject: Re: [OM] Manual Oly SLR with shutter above 1/2000 sec??
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 26 Oct 1998 13:35:48 +1000
Sean Chan <sean@xxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:

> Are there any OM Bayonet-ed manual Olympus cameras that have shutter of
> above 1/2000 sec?? I'm beginning to find the OM-4Ti a little limiting
> for me (I kinda hang around larger aperture settings - e.g. taking close
> up photos of flowers under cloudless skies).

No OM cameras have shutter speed faster than 1/2000.

Instead, use a neutral density filter or a (or even a polarizer) to
get a wider aperture while maintaining a sane shutter-speed.

Chris.

p.s. Wide apertures for flower shots?  I'm always begging for more DoF
        when I shoot flowers (although not so much as to render the
        background distracting).

p.p.s.  Any lens will be least sharp and most affected by aberrations
        when used wide open.  Even Zuikos.

cjb.

--
| Christopher Biggs email:chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx | Linux: The choice of a GNU  |
| Stallion Technologies, Queensland, Australia |        Generation.          |