[OM] 85/2 in Oz - grovelling apology....

Subject: [OM] 85/2 in Oz - grovelling apology....
From: "Wiese" <wiese@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 21:18:31 +1100
Hi all,

I'm afraid some serious eating of words on my part is in order...  I've just
seen two more ads here in Oz for Zuiko 85/2s, one of them at $285 AUD
<munch, munch> ... and I bought that one for $220 AUD <munch - ooh, that bit
was tough - munch>

It's a silver-nosed F.Zuiko that looks like it was taken out every Christmas
for a couple of shots and then put away again for the last 25 years -
cosmetics and glass are 9+  However mechanically, the aperature ring is not
as firm as the other optics I have - the click stops just aren't really
'positive' or firm; and there appears to be a small amount of oil on 3
aperture blades (which us why I offered $220), but it doesn't affect the
stopping down of the blades - no squeaks, no pauses.... yet.

I'll take some shots with it tomorrow, but in the mean time I'm beating
myself about with an original Oly leatherette strap, and repeating "I will
accept and respect the words of those more knowledgeable than I.... etc
etc" - Sorry Gary R.!

I'll crawl back into my hole now...

Cheers
Andy

P.S. Many thanks to the Australian lurker who brought this deal to my
attention!