Re: [OM]T20 TTL Auto Connector (was T32 TO LIGHT ...)

Subject: Re: [OM]T20 TTL Auto Connector (was T32 TO LIGHT ...)
From: VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 06:08:52 -0500
>NB.  You cannot use a T series flash in a metal flash shoe because it
>will always go full power/duration I understand.

That's right. Make sure you have an insulated one. Hama and Kaiser make
'cold shoes' that are all plastic, intended specially for dedicated
flashes. When the two additional TTL pins make contact they disturb the
TTL flash metering circuit. An easy way, btw, to insulate a metal hot
shoe is to use nail polish.

Hans