Re: [OM] To John H. / 4T "Black" vs 4Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] To John H. / 4T "Black" vs 4Ti
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 20:58:27 +0000
Prior to my OM conversion I had a camera with plastic top and bottom
plates.  The first time it was dropped onto a hard surface the
pentaprism part of the top cover took a hard hit, promptly crushing
the main circuit lurking underneath.  Expensive repair required.

Many years later this camera suffered a minor fall onto a hard
surface impacting the bottom plastic cover.  This caused a very
annoying intermittent fault to arise which again resulted in a fairly
costly repair.

I for one don't question the protective value of the titanium skins.

Giles