Re: [OM] Metering problem on 2S(P)

Subject: Re: [OM] Metering problem on 2S(P)
From: Richard Ross <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 07:23:02 +0000
>Now there's a challenge for RH designs Richard: the refurbishing of OM
>electronics!!!
>
>Regards
>--
>John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)

Definitely a challenge - yes - but not one I'd undertake I don't think!  I
did attempt to repair my drowned OM-2n since the insurance company didn't
want it.  I got the mechanics working, and most of the electrics, but the
board in the bottom of the camera that (I believe) controls the longer
shutter speeds died on me.  At that point I decided not to bother further
and gave it to a Good Cause for parts.  Unfortunately somebody else's
custom ICs are not easy to fix....

As far as the ASA resistor is concerned, my 2SP has so far defeated my
attempts to remove its top plate.  I found all the hidden screws and
reverse threads in the 2n, but there must be a *very* secret one on the
2SP.  Anyone know the secret please? :-)

Regards
Richard

Richard Ross, B.Sc, Ph.D

RH Designs - innovative darkroom equipment
http://www.nildram.co.uk/rhdesign
tel:  +44 (0) 1442 258111
rhdesign@xxxxxxxxxxxxx