Re: [OM] common sense?

Subject: Re: [OM] common sense?
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 22:51:55 +0100
William Sommerwerck wrote:

> Might I inject a bit of "common sense" (hmmm...) in this business about
> the shift adapter made in Germany?
>
> The mounting flange of a Zuiko lens is 5mm deep....

Of a Zuiko lens yes, but you can not mount an Zuiko to this adapter.

It´s made for MF lenses, they have much biger flange distance and they
cover an much bigger image circle (and therefore the impressive shift of
20mm!).

As far as I know, the 35mm shift Zuiko has the bigest shift of all 35mm
format lenses. This is important, because the relative amount of shift
is connected to the relative amount of height gain you achieve. 13mm
shift at 24mm image height means an gain of more than 50 0n height ->
for example if you´re taking the photo of an 10m high object, your
picture will nearly look like made in 5m height.

Regards

Richard