Re: [OM] Lens Coatings List

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Coatings List
From: gma <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 21:50:42 -0800
Susan;

Hello again and welcome to the list!

You're starting off right in the middle of the Olympus Twilight Zone -
or "How do you tell if a Zuiko is Multicoated?"

There's been lots of discussion and folklore about this.  Seems like the
'rules' can be broken down as follows:
        * If the lens ring has a letter and a dot in front of the word zuiko
(eg F.ZUIKO) then the lens is definitely Single Coated.
        * If the lens ring has the letters 'MC' then the lens is definitely
MultiCoated.
        * If neither of the above is true, then you must look into the lens
while it reflects something like a light bulb and see what colors are
present.  The lens is definitely multicoated if you can see green in
there.  Else, it's probably single coated.

George

BTW the other number on the ring is the serial number.