Re: [OM] [OM} M Quartz Controler 1

Subject: Re: [OM] [OM} M Quartz Controler 1
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 10:39:38 GMT
>KenK1ZYW@xxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>> Olympians
>> I just got an M Quartz Controler 1 from this list and am trying to figure out
>> how to get it up and running. I called Olympus and they said that there is no
>> manual available for this item.
>> Soooo....
>> The plug attached to the Controler cord  is not a sub miniture type like the
>> Winder 1 or 2  takes but the larger one (1/8th inch) and it is STEREO  not
>> mono. Hummmm.....

This is strange. My MQC1 has a stero plug indeed, but fits the MD's
and winders all equally well.

>> So I guess I get a radioshack adapter to go from mini to submini stereo - and
>> try it out. But why did OLY make it a stereo adapter when all that is
>> happening is switching the Winder and Motor drive?

I was told that the middle contact on the plug allows for the MD2 to
give back a signal to the MQC1 for decreasing the frame counter by one
step.

>> Also, what is the jack next to where the cord comes out? Is it for external
>> power from another battery pack?

An extension has been designed to allow for longer interval times (up
to one week). I have never seen one - probably it was only built on
customer request. This instrument could be connected though this jack.

>> Does anyone have a copy of the manual or info on how this item is set up?

I will look for my copy - I am sure that I possess one, but the
question is 'where'...

>> I guess I unknowingly started yet another project for myself!

Enjoy it!

>> Thanks
>> Ken M.

Frank van Lindert