Re: [OM] Lens Coatings List

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Coatings List
From: Chris Barker <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 13:16:08 +0100
><< and whether the lens is MC or SC. >>
> I don't see an MC or SC on mine.where is that??
snip
>Susan Steele

Welcome to the List Susan.

This discussion (thread) has occurred on and off for a number of months
(since I have been on the List) and it meanders about the subject of lens
coatings - MC=multi-coated, SC=single...

Although all Zuikos mannufactured after a certain date appear to be MC,
that date seems to be difficult to determine.  In addition, there are no
certain ways to tell if a particular lens is MC or SC.

Another tributary of the discussion is the quality of SC lenses and what
colour the coating lends to the lens (!).  I think that we all agree that a
SC lens will be more flare-prone in certain conditions (e.g. pointing the
camera at a source of bright light), but no-one is too worried about that
if they have an SC lens - they'll be more careful etc...

I understand that Paul is making up a comprehensive list of lenses with
their various attributes and that MC and SC will figure in the list.

BTW, the letter before the "Zuiko" indicates the number of elements in the
lens in the sequence A=1 ... F=6.

Glad you asked?

Chris