[OM] 200mm f5 vs. 100mm f2.8 & 2XA

Subject: [OM] 200mm f5 vs. 100mm f2.8 & 2XA
From: Mark Dickinson <Mark.Dickinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 09:22:04 -0000
I have a 100 f2.8 and a 135 f3.5. I'm thinking about expanding my focal
length options up to about 200. However, I am very keen to keep my OM outfit
as small and light (and inexpensive!) as possible as this is one of the main
attractions of the whole system. I'm considering a 200 f5 OR a 2XA, which
would give me the equivalent of a 200 f5.6 AND a f270 f7 (VERY slow but of
some use?). I've never seen the 200 f5 but have been interested in the
recent discussion on the list. So, how do the 200 f5 and 2XA compare in:
- size and weight
- price (used) (UK prices of particular interest)
- availability (used)
- image quality (2XA with 100 f2.8)?
In the interim I am considering a cheaper 2x teleconverter as a short term
solution. Which (cheaper) non-Zuiko converters are best?