Re: [OM] T and FP sync

Subject: Re: [OM] T and FP sync
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 17:59:45 +1100

>AFAIK there's a big difference in the FP activation on the PC flash
>connector on an OM-1 or OM-2, and the F280 activation contacts in an
>OM-4Ti or OM-3Ti. The first one just connects the two contacts prior to
>curtain movement. There is no voltage, so it also works with a
>batteryless OM-1. The F280 signals however do work with some voltage -
>the flash doesn't fire by just shortcutting the contacts.

I was going to use an opto isolator to fix this.

>So I'm afraid you still have to look for a real FP lamp to get things
>working on an OM-1 or OM-2.

I got two at Camberwell for $1.50 each

> In a flash book from the 70's I have
>there's a table showing various bulbs Philips produced in those days.
>Among them where FP bulbs with very high power - GN's of over 100
>meters at 1/125 sec (decreasing rapidly with shorter shutter speeds).
>Something to learn from, Olympus, with this miserable 28... :-(

I also found www.flashbulbs.com (or it might be flashbulb). For what I need,
a lower guide number is preferrable. (fill in flash with minimal depth of
field)

>>Or can we use a signal from the 3/4Ti to trigger a flash bulb?
>
>Only a regular X bulb, activated from their PC connectors, with shutter
>speed set at 1/30 or longer. I don't think the F280 pins can activate
>an FP bulb.

Again, I was thinking of an opto isolator to trigger the FP mount.

>Hans

Thanks

Foxy