[OM] OM-2000 queries

Subject: [OM] OM-2000 queries
From: Steven_Read@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 10:10:15 -0500

While I got my hands on an OM-2000 as quickly as I could when it first came out,
I quickly put it back down and hadn't seriously considered actually buying one.
OM-1n's still being more comfortable in my hands.  But after getting an OM-4 and
becoming a convert to "The Joy of Spot Metering".  I found myself picking up and
actually reading an Olympus brochure on the 2000-  "OM 2000 Spot Metering
Mechanical Shutter 35 mm SLR Camera".  Naturally I looked for the fine print,
which left me wondering about a few things.

First off the pamphlet pictures an Olympus "Electronic Flash S20" which I've
never heard about outside the pamphlet (GN 20 reduced to GN 14 with wide adapter
- to 24 mm  Any comments, experience with this flash?  Usable on other OM's?

Secondly there were two notes against "Other Olympus Zuiko Interchangeable
Lenses*"  the second of which was "Use of the Zuiko 600 mm and 1000 mm lenses is
not recommended because a portion of the image area will not be visible in the
viewfinder."  Which left me thinking "So?", I mean, I know the viewfinder only
has 93overage is that what they're talking about?  And why would that be a
problem?  Is this a drawback to having a fixed focusing screen?  (And not that
I'm likely to end up with either of these lenses in the near future - but I am a
Zuikoholic...)

And finally, the impression that the pamphlet left is that the spot metering on
the 2000 is limited to one sample (as opposed to the 1-8 you can take with the
OM-4).  Is this correct?