Re: [OM] Oil on aperature blades ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Oil on aperature blades ?
From: "cpl49" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 15:35:00 -0600
<<I just got an 85/2 yesterday for a very good price. What a beautiful
lens! Anyway, after looking at it closely, I discovered there is a very
small amount of oil on the  outer tips of the aperature blades.The lens
seems to work perfectly. I'm wondering if this is anything to worry
about? Thanks, John.>>

Congratulations on the 85 f2.
It is fast becoming my favorite lens.
I never really gave it a work out before reading some nice things
about it on this list.
Mine is a SC with a silver nose and is in perfect working order.
My question is this, there has been a lot of reference to oil on the
aperture blades.
Is there a way to prevent this or are we doomed to an internal cleaning
every once in a while?  This old lens has no oil on the blades.  It does
have some of those little black specks in there though.  What causes that?

Charlie Loeven
cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx