Re: The Sleaze Factor [was:FRAUD ALERT! (was: [OM] Macro kit...)]

Subject: Re: The Sleaze Factor [was:FRAUD ALERT! (was: [OM] Macro kit...)]
From: gma <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 13:26:42 -0800
Alain Duquet wrote:

> gma a écrit:
>
> > One more voice.
> >
> > I'd have gone $1000 - hear that,
> > monsewer Remi?
> > The other possibility is that the gear is, shall we say, a bit too hot
> > for the Canadian winter?
> >
> > George
> >
> > PS: Alain, I would invite you to NOT post any more FS messages to the
> > list.
> >

> Thanks George
>
> You too you was thinking this deal was a good deal with or without the body.

How do YOU know what I think?

> Do not kill the messenger.
>
> Alain Duquet

Alain;

Maybe I should say "Please be SURE of what you're posting for sale AND
the terms of the sale BEFORE you post it."  I just rechecked and there
was an OM-2n and a 50/1.8 missing from the second post, replaced by a
winder 2 and a slide copier.  Good deal or not, with or without the
body, Remi did not handle the sale well and your posts were
contradictory.  First you said sell FAST for $500.  Then you said give
him offer by Wed. It's difficult enough buying internationally over the
web without a middleman who doesn't have his facts straight and a seller
who responds only to selective buyers.

And why were you surprised at the response from the list??  You posted
$1500 worth of equipment for $500!!!  And then you didn't respond to
e-mails for a day.  Shouldn't you have expected a response to this
bargain?  And NEVER did you mention that this was an AUCTION.

All right, look, I'm sure you meant well. It just left a bad taste in
the mouths of several people, including me.
--

george  :>)