Re: [OM] OM-2000 queries

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2000 queries
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 17:54:22 EST
In a message dated 10/30/98 11:30:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Steven_Read@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< First off the pamphlet pictures an Olympus "Electronic Flash S20" which
I've
 never heard about outside the pamphlet (GN 20 reduced to GN 14 with wide
adapter
 - to 24 mm  Any comments, experience with this flash?  Usable on other
OM's?>>

I think this is just a plain old "normal" auto flash. It will work on all
OM's, but not in TTL mode. I would probably just use my Vivitar 283 on an
OM-2000 if I had one. The S20 looks pretty small, though (but then so is the
T20)

 <<Secondly there were two notes against "Other Olympus Zuiko Interchangeable
 Lenses*"  the second of which was "Use of the Zuiko 600 mm and 1000 mm lenses
is
 not recommended because a portion of the image area will not be visible in
the
 viewfinder."  Which left me thinking "So?", I mean, I know the viewfinder
only
 has 93overage is that what they're talking about?  And why would that be a
 problem?  Is this a drawback to having a fixed focusing screen?  (And not
that
 I'm likely to end up with either of these lenses in the near future - but I
am a
 Zuikoholic...)>>

I think this means that the OM-2000 has a smaller mirror than the other OM's
and the image will vignette in the finder (but not on the film)

 <<And finally, the impression that the pamphlet left is that the spot
metering on
 the 2000 is limited to one sample (as opposed to the 1-8 you can take with
the
 OM-4).  Is this correct?>>

I believe this is true... only single spot metering, like the OM-2S

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI