Re: [OM] OM-2000 queries

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2000 queries
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 00:27:47 EST

 <<Secondly there were two notes against "Other Olympus Zuiko Interchangeable
 Lenses*"  the second of which was "Use of the Zuiko 600 mm and 1000 mm lenses
is  not recommended because a portion of the image area will not be visible in
the
 viewfinder."  Which left me thinking "So?", I mean, I know the viewfinder
only
 has 93overage is that what they're talking about? >>

I think this means that the mirror is short and with the longer lens, the
bottom of the image will be cut off.  Olympus has an extra long mirror
compared to many other cameras but apparently not the Cosina/Oly 2000.  I
don't own a 600 and never expect to so it's not that much of a loss.

<< And why would that be a  problem?  Is this a drawback to having a fixed
focusing screen?  (And not that  I'm likely to end up with either of these
lenses in the near future - but I am a  Zuikoholic...)>>

It's all part of the tradeoffs in being able to see 1000f the screen,
magnification, finder brightness, eye relief, etc.  It's not the fact of
having a fixed screen.

<< And finally, the impression that the pamphlet left is that the spot
metering on
 the 2000 is limited to one sample (as opposed to the 1-8 you can take with
the
 OM-4).  Is this correct? >>

It is true--only one sample.  Do you think Oly would compete against itself by
selling a second less expensive camera with the best metering system in the
world?

Warren Kato