Re: [OM] Itchin' for a Show

Subject: Re: [OM] Itchin' for a Show
From: "Rand E. Tomcala" <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 20:39:01 -0800
Susan,
  I went to the one today in Lanham, MD (just outside DC).  In answer to
your question though, in a word NO.  There is no feeding frenzy
permiating the area as photography has been around a long time and does
not become obsolete every 18 months.  There is still some good stuff
available and I don't have any problem learning something new every time
I go to one of these shows.  Whether it's getting to see and feel an
uncommon lens or accessory.  Photographers at these shows generaly
behave in a much slower manner and I have seldom seen anybody in a
hurry.  If you want to be able to plan ahead, the major promoter for the
NorthEast quadrent of the US has a web page at:
    http://www.photorama.com
and they also do postcard mailings once you register with them.
  If you do decide to go sometime, let me know.
Rand E.