[OM] Them Thar Other Lenses

Subject: [OM] Them Thar Other Lenses
From: Scj9000@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 03:58:12 EST
In a message dated 11/1/98 2:46:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sborder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
<< Or am I bordering :-) on being cast out for mentioning other brands? >>

I think it's a good thread...if you all have already hashed it in the
archives, do let us know.  I'm helping my brother piece together an Olympus
system this week (for 25 years he has drooled on my OM1 and Om2...time he fed
this lust and went for it!) He called tonight and wanted to know what
secondary market lenses I recommended, but i was useless because I've always
been a Zuiko purist (I had other brands before and INSTANTLY saw the
difference when i met up with the quality of the Zuikos...prior to that I
thought the Minoltas had great lenses..) I "saw the light".....literally.

I also would like to know which are considered to be the lessor evils...I
can't rely on the newsgroup as you can get four responses on a brand..two
loving it and two that hate it!!
 Then to , maybe I can get over that pride thing about having the word "Zuiko"
on the front of the lens (please..no hate mail over this...and no, I didn't
wear the Izod alligators in the seventies!!!)
I'll now lay down my OM pom-poms for the evening.
Susan Steele
Amherst, Virginia